Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Do what we gotta do.

Day 3 of my inpatient rotation at Really Huge University Hospital - DONE.  Today consisted of working on a journal club assignment and almost falling asleep in our freezing cold dungeon-like office, then almost passing out from hunger while on rounds in the SICU where I couldn't hear a damn thing, then listening to a painfully long lecture on the history, evolution, and definition of death.  I suppose it's only 5 and a half more weeks.  But I still can't believe that it's almost time for me to go home.  The summer went wayyyyy too fast.

The highlight of my day was at lunch.  I was sitting with my classmate, minding my own business, when suddenly, in my peripheral vision, something looked, well, different.  After a double take and a (subtle) closer look, I noticed what I can only describe as odd - a balding, 60s-ish man, wearing a burgundy cap sleeve ballet leotard with womens' low rise jeans and a cowboy belt (one of those belts with a ginormous buckle).  I mean, whatever, but it was awkward to see in a crowded cafeteria at RHUH.

Tonight, I am spending the night at my friend's apartment.  We're having an America's Next Top Model sleepover.  Don't judge - us hardcore pharmacy chicks have guilty pleasures, too.  It was makeover day!  Of course, some girls were crying and bitching about their makeovers, and one of the whiners got sent home.  Come on, now, ladies.  It's cycle 15...you should know by now the judges HATE whiny little divas.

I hate whiny little bitches...but I love myself!
 
LOL.  Anyway, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment