Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You're making moves, you're going to lose.

Well, the first day back at work (Monday) was pretty uneventful.  We had the regular, what I like to call, "oh shit rush" as in "oh shit, they close in 5 minutes so I better get my lazy ass to the pharmacy to get my 4723048 refills!"  But yesterday...yesterday was much more interesting and chalk full of amazing customers!  We were really steady all day, with the typical rushes mid morning and around lunch time.  But I've got some great stories.

Scenario:
Drive thru bell rings (I f-ing hate, hate, hate that stupid thing.  And let me just tell you - our DT isn't face-to-face like most normal pharmacies.  Nope.  Ours requires the use of cameras and television screens to see one another because the actual drive thru is nowhere near the building.)  Intern (me) sighs dejectedly as she prepares to answer the malifluous device.

Intern:  Hi, picking up or dropping off?

Ms. Pinocchio:  Dropping off a new prescription.

Intern:  Is your name written clearly on the prescription?

Ms. P:  Yes.

Intern: How about your date of birth?

Ms. P:  Yup.

Intern:  Any allergies to medications?

Ms. P:  Nope.

Intern:  When would you like to pick it up?

Ms. P:  As soon as possible.

Intern:  Okay, that will be at least 45 minutes.

Ms. Pinocchio drives away.

So, I get the carrier back through the vacuum tube and pull out the prescriptions - wait, did I just say prescriptions??  This chick told me she had A new prescription.  Now, it wouldn't be a big deal if there were 2 or even 3 prescriptions, except there were 10 prescription blanks...each with about 3 drugs on them...for 5 different people.  As soon as possible, my ass.  She gets to wait for not telling me the whole truth.  That means every person from now on who drops a new prescription off through the DT gets to send it in and wait until I get it so this doesn't happen again.  This may not seem like a big deal, but in a busy pharmacy, I'm not rushing to fill 30 prescriptions because she wanted them ASAP.  Sorry, lady.

And since this entry is getting way too long, here are some amazing one-liners:

Tech: (on the phone)  Okay, give us about an hour.
Patient:  UGH!  I hate that.  click.

Mrs. Pee Pee:  They took me off my Detrol but I'm still peeing.  I pee a lot.  My husband bought me diapers for Mother's Day.

Workie workie today!  Can't wait for more pharmacy follies!

No comments:

Post a Comment